Camp Blaze is a nonprofit organization. Our vision is to empower, inspire and support strong women leaders.
- To facilitate leadership camps and mentorship opportunities for young women in a fire service environment.
- To provide leadership and career development opportunities for women.
To empower, inspire and support strong women leaders.
Our goal is to empower and build confidence in young women by:
- Providing experience in team building
- Enhancing their physical abilities and confidence
- Exploring work ethic
- Broadening their skill-set
- Sharpening problem-solving capabilities
- Having fun!
Bravery – The quality that allows someone to take on a challenge that is dangerous, frightening, or once thought to be beyond reach
Leadership – The ability to make sound decisions, build trust, and inspire others to be successful in reaching their goals
Attitude – Choosing to use a positive or “can do” thought process to increase achievement and motivate others
Zenith – The highest point that can be reached
Empowerment – To promote confidence and the positivity influence towards others in claiming their rights.
Skills and training offered at Camp Blaze include:
- Live fire training
- Using portable fire extinguishers
- Climbing an aerial ladder
- Search and rescue
- Interviewing techniques
- Fire hose handling
- Self-contained Breathing Apparatus use
- Basic fire behavior
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Basic Self-defense