Camp Blaze in North Bend, Washington
Bellevue Fire Training Center in Bellevue, Washington (1838 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA)
- Campers will be supervised at all times. The Washington State Patrol Fire Training Academy in North Bend is a secure facility. Campers will not socialize with anyone outside of camp.
- Experienced safety personnel will conduct and supervise all training and activities. Many levels of safety are built into all aspects of camp and activities offered. Campers will be fully supported and supervised at all times.
- The majority of camp staff are professional firefighters, paramedics and emergency medical technicians. A Seattle Fire Medic vehicle is on site at all times in case of emergencies. Other professionals volunteer to provide support services for camp such as meal preparation, administrative support, laundry, leadership development, etc.
- An emergency contact is required for each camper.
- Medical insurance is required for each camper during the week of camp. If a camper does not have medical insurance, please contact us for support.
- Campers may be sent home at their own cost if they cannot meet the requirements of participation or if they display behavior that is disruptive to camp activities.
Cost and Transportation
Campers need to secure their own transportation to North Bend, Washington or the Seattle airport or bus station. Transportation to North Bend from the airport or the bus station will be provided to campers at no cost.
Clothes and basic needs
Campers will need to bring:
- Sleeping bag
- Athletic shoes for running and aerobic activity
- Medications (if any)
- Towels & toiletries
- Sweatshirt and
Blaze will provide
- Shorts and t-shirts
- Three meals daily in addition to snacks, water & energy drinks
- Daily laundry services
- Lodging with shower facilities