Staff volunteers are an integral part of Camp Blaze and fall into three primary categories:
- LEADERSHIP/PLANNING: These volunteers work year round to complete fundraising, recruitment and logistical tasks necessary for camp. Most of the leadership staff are also involved in the Women & Fire events. The leadership team works closely with the Board of Directors and have previous experience with camp. If you are interested in a leadership or board position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CREW LEADERS: These volunteers are professional firefighters and serve as Camp Blaze counselors. They work in pairs with a crew of four campers (see job description below for additional information). Applications for Crew Leader will be available in January 2016.
- GENERAL STAFF: These volunteers work in a variety of positions to support all camp activities. Assistance includes, but is not limited to: food preparation, medical team, equipment, planning and logistics support, administration support and laundry.
Crew Leader Description
You are a camp counselor for the week and will be “on” 24/7 with your energy focused on the campers. This position takes a lot of stamina, but is very satisfying. Support is in place to ensure crew leaders get necessary breaks so they are able to maintain peak performance during camp activities. Meals, lodging and laundry services are provided. Once selected, you will receive a detailed list of what you will need to bring with you.
Time commitment: July 22-31, 2016, full time
Report to: Operations Branch Director and Leadership Branch Director.
- Work with co-crew leader to support a team of 4 campers (young women ages 16-19)
- Support the vision, mission and goals of BLAZE
- Supervise, motivate, encourage, mediate and mentor
- Attend classes as assigned (co-crew leaders may trade off for some classes) and assist with all manipulatives
- Set the structure for the day with you crew
- Safety is a priority; you will be responsible for enforcing rules that are put in place to ensure the safety of all campers and volunteers. You will be responsible for enforcing rules with your crew as outlined by BLAZE (training on-site)
- You are subject to all camp rules.
- You will support the leadership tone of camp
- You will be involved in all camp activities, including but not limited to PT, team building, evening activities, and off-site training