You are a camp counselor for the week and will be “on” 24/7 with your energy focused on the campers. This position takes a lot of stamina, but is very satisfying. Support is in place to ensure crew leaders get necessary breaks so they are able to maintain peak performance during camp activities. Meals, lodging and laundry services are provided. Once selected, you will receive a detailed list of what you will need to bring with you.
Time commitment: July 22-31, 2016, full time
Report to: Operations Branch Director and Leadership Branch Director.
- Work with co-crew leader to support a team of 4 campers (young women ages 16-19)
- Support the vision, mission and goals of BLAZE
- Supervise, motivate, encourage, mediate and mentor
- Attend classes as assigned (co-crew leaders may trade off for some classes) and assist with all manipulatives
- Set the structure for the day with you crew
- Safety is a priority; you will be responsible for enforcing rules that are put in place to ensure the safety of all campers and volunteers. You will be responsible for enforcing rules with your crew as outlined by BLAZE (training on-site)
- You are subject to all camp rules.
- You will support the leadership tone of camp
- You will be involved in all camp activities, including but not limited to PT, team building, evening activities, and off-site training